2018 will mark fifteen years since the doors of the retail shop, Magic Patch Quilting first opened. It will also see the closure of those same doors but not the closure of our beloved patchwork shop. Big changes are happening! But rest assured you will still be able to buy fabric and other goodies as well as attend classes.
The next stage of the ‘five year’ plan is about to be enacted! It is time I had a little bit more time to ‘smell the roses’, time to spend with my family, my sewing machine and my caravan.
Magic Patch Quilting is going back to where it all started seventeen years ago – home. We have created a Studio to allow us all to continue enjoying our favourite activity. Enough room for quilting, classes, and of course, fabric and gadgets.
When will this all happen? Saturday, February 17th, 2018 will be the last day of trading at Frankston Flinders Rd. Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 will see the Studio open for the first time.
How will it work?
- Classes will continue at the times already established. The shop will open at these times for retail customers as well.
- Outside class times opening hours are by appointment only. A phone call is all that is required to see if I am available.
- Block of the Months will be processed on the first Tuesday of the month as usual, but, they will all be posted out at no extra charge to anyone, unless, of course, you are in a class and can collect at that time.
- I will still be quilting! Dropping off and collecting quilts can be arranged by phone or email.
- The website will be open 24/7 to shop online, although I do understand the need to see, touch and feel first!
- Mail order of anything you require is only a phone call away.
- Our Facebook page and Magic Patch Sewing Room Group as well as Instagram will continue to run as normal – watch out for special happenings here in the future!
- The Newsletter will still be sent out each month, full of the latest news from Magic Patch Quilting.
- And my Blog, well that might evolve more with a little more time available!
- More time will also allow me to expand the catalogue of Carol Lewis Designs patterns – something I am very much looking forward too.
First term in 2018 will continue much the same as always, except that there will be a break in classes after week 3 to give us time to close the shop and move! Week 4 of all classes, and all further classes will be in the new Magic Patch Quilting Studio. I will give you location details closer to the time.
The Newsletter, Facebook and Instagram will now play a vital part in my communication to you all. Please check regularly and you will stay up to date with everything. Plans are underway for some special things in the future!
During the last 15 years I have made some incredible friends, friends who have challenged me to things I had previously never dreamed I would be able to achieve. There has been much laughter and fellowship, as well as a few tears, along the way.
The community that has developed around Magic Patch Quilting is wonderful to be part of. I would like to thank each and every one of you for taking this journey with me, and hope that we will continue to travel the next part of the journey together.
Merry Christmas to you all. May you all enjoy a special time with loved ones and friends, and also find a bit of time for touching needles, thread and fabric!